Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall





Have I mentioned that I love fall? This is my favorite time of the year for many reasons. I love the cooler weather (well, we did have some cooler weather and then it heated back up to the 90's), the changing leaves, the cool nights, and the feel of the holidays upon us. I feel like once fall arrives we are outside more (after being forced to stay where it is cool when it is in the 100's outside), and can enjoy our family hikes again and the kids will have more play dates at the park, etc.
So, we have managed to squeeze in a few fall festivities so far and plan to do LOTS more. We took a nice hike in Santa Ysabel followed by some apple picking in Julian . The kids had a great time!






We also planted our fall garden. I am not confident that everything is going to grow because I think we started a bit late but it was fun and hopefully we will get to enjoy some fresh veggies in a month or two. We planted lettuce, peas, beans, carrots and radishes. I wrote the names of each veggie on popsicle sticks and the kids planted the seeds and marked them w/the sticks. Lily has promised to take full responsibility of the watering and I have no doubt she will follow through:)




Yesterday my sweet Loni and her sweet Dylan drove up and we went to the pumpkin patch. I told the kids they could only pick baby pumpkins that day to take home and decorate because we needed to wait for Daddy to come with us to pick out our carving pumpkins. They seemed fine with that and had a great time checking out all their is to look at around the farm. Lily tried out her photography skills and got multiple pictures of each animal and one of Loni and I (which I will post even though I look like I weigh 200 lbs!). Jackson and Dylan liked the tractors and the zebra was a hit w/all of us. It was a good day:)







3 comments:

  1. 200lbs?! um, no. not at all, you look beautiful and glowing as always! i too love fall and am so ready for this summer to be over. and, i have to ask, where did you find the seeds for your fall garden? i've been looking and can't find a place that sells a decent variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite, too! Love the pictures of the kids & pumpkins, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I love pumpkin patches!! I can't wait to see you guys on Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete